Rosemount 2088 Vs Rosemount 3051 – A Few Points of Differences Discussed
November 08, 2019
Rosemount transmitters by Emerson have set the industry standards for pressure, temperature, and flow measurements. Today, various types of Rosemount pressure transmitters are used across industries for accurate measurements. Rosemount 3051 and Rosemount 2088 are two popular pressure transmitters used today. These variants are distinguished by their special features, and are widely used for various important industrial applications. Do you want to know how these aforementioned types of pressure transmitters are helping process managers turnaround their process results for good? To understand this, you need to know the beneficial features of Rosemount 2088 and 3051 transmitters. The information provided in this post will help you take a decision in favor of Rosemount 2088 Vs 3051 transmitters.
An Overview of Rosemount 2088 Absolute and Gage Pressure Transmitters
As the name suggests, these pressure transmitters are used to measure absolute and gage pressures in various industrial applications. These pressure transmitters have gained immense popularity in the industry, owing to their following beneficial features:
- The pressure transmitters are equipped with a Local Operator Interface (LOI), which has built-in configuration buttons as well as easy-to-use menus.
- The transmitter can be easily configured using the LOI, and requires no complicated tools for operation.
- It is available with a choice of remote seals and manifolds.
- The transmitters are available with protocols including 4–20 mA HART as well as 1–5 Vdc HART Low Power.
- The LCD display is fully configurable and it gives an outlook on the process variable, range percentage, and displays diagnostic messages effectively.
- Compact and lightweight construction of these pressure transmitters make their installation easy and quick.
- They are available in the choice of Alloy C-276 wetted materials and stainless steel.
- These pressure transmitters can be easily connected to any process using a broad range of process connections, direct mounts, or capillary connections.
A Discussion on Rosemount 3051 Transmitters
Rosemount 3051 transmitters are industry-proven for their capabilities, and are widely utilized for pressure, level, and flow measurements. This family comprises 3051S Series Smart Pressure Transmitters, 3051TG Gauge Pressure Transmitters, 3051C Coplanar Pressure Transmitters, and so on. The various beneficial features of these transmitters make them popular among process managers:
- These transmitters are equipped with power advisory diagnostics, which helps users easily understand the health of the device. It gives insights into the power supply and transmitter wiring health.
- Power advisory diagnostics is designed to monitor the electric loop and the impactful changes that may affect the integrity of the output. This feature also helps detect some potential issues which may be hidden from the process manager. Due to these reasons, it is widely used in process industries, where accuracy is the main concern.
- Like Rosemount 2088, these transmitters also have LOI, which is developed according to the principles of Human-Centered Design. LOI comprises built-in configuration buttons, which enable easy commissioning. With this feature, the transmitters can be easily commissioned in any environment.
- Rosemount 3051 transmitters are wireless capable. With this technology, you can easily add various new flow, pressure, and level measurement points within the facility. They are especially perfect for areas, where human intervention may not be always possible. Gaining insights from the transmitter will help you boost your process efficiencies as well as reduce the exposure of personnel in hazardous environments.
- Wireless technology also helps asset monitoring through the operation and it preserves I/O space efficiently.
- The pressure transmitters can be availed in polished steel and aluminum housing, which makes them an ideal hygienic application.
Rosemount 2088 or Rosemount 3051 – which is right for me?
The selection will entirely depend on your application requirements. The following tips will help you with the selection:
- Rosemount 3051 series pressure transmitters are expensive but assure excellent accuracy over the 2088 ones.
- Rosemount 3051 pressure transmitters can be used to measure differential pressure, whereas 2088 is not suitable for the same. 3051 transmitters are also ideal for flow and level measurement applications.
- Rosemount 2088 pressure transmitters are ideal for measuring the level or pressure of industrial gases and liquids.
- Rosemount 2088 is an ideal choice if your application doesn’t require high accuracy. It is a highly reliable transmitter in a compact package.
If you are unable to make a decision, it is always better to approach the supplier to make a decision. After knowing the important role played by these transmitters in various industrial applications, you will understand the importance of sourcing them from a reliable supplier. The Transmitter Shop (TTS) is one of the leading suppliers of Rosemount pressure transmitters in the US. The company provides new surplus, reconditioned, and factory new pressure transmitters to its clients. TTS also provides transmitter calibration and repair services to its clients.
Common Challenges in Air Flow Measurement and How to Overcome Them
Monitoring and Controlling Energy Production in Power Plants
Understanding the Impact of Pressure Fluctuations on Drying Performance
Understanding Pressure Ranges and Units for Fluid System Monitoring
The Benefits and Challenges of HVAC System Balancing
Effects of Temperature on Pressure Gauge and Ways to Minimize Them
An Ultimate Selection Guide for Flow Transmitters
5 Reasons Why Gauge Pressure Transmitters Fail and Tips to Avoid Safety Risks
Procedure to Calculate Accuracy of Pressure Transmitter Discussed
Pressure Transmitters vs. Pressure Transducers: Learn the Differential Characteristics
Multivariable Transmitter: What Is It and How Does It Work?
How Do You Test for 4 to 20mA Signal in a Pressure Transmitter?
Temperature Transmitter: How to Select The Efficient One for Your Application?
Flow Meter vs Flow Transmitter: Know the Difference
Absolute and Gauge Pressure Transmitters - Overview and Working Principle
HART Communication Protocol: Overview, Working Principle, Benefits in Industrial Automation
What is Absolute Pressure Transmitter & how does it work?
How Do You Calibrate A Flow Transmitter?
Remote Seals: Significance, Working Principle & Applications
How to Select Pressure Transmitter for Your Application?
How to Choose Diaphragm Seals for Your Application?
Difference in Conventional Transmitters and Smart Transmitters
What Are Diaphragm Seals and Their Types?
Rosemount 3051S vs 3051C Transmitter – What is Your Choice?
Impact of Shock and Vibration on Pressure Transducer
Safety Tips for Differential Pressure Transmitter Operation
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Pressure Transmitter Manifold
Tips to Improve the Performance of Pressure Sensors
Important Calibration Tips for Pressure Sensors
5 Most Popular Pressure Transmitter Technologies
Factors of Consideration When Choosing Pressure Transmitters
Tips to Augment the Performance and Service Life of Pressure Transmitter
Factors To Be Considered While Differentiating $40 and $400 Pressure Transmitters
An Unconventional Guide to Selecting the Right Pressure Sensor
3 Major Pressure Transmitter Technologies That Made the Device Popular
The Features and Benefits of Rosemount 1199 Direct Mount Transmitters
What are the Steps Involved in Calibrating Pressure Gauge?
All Important Questions on Reconditioned Transmitters Answered
Is Remanufactured Transmitter a Better Option than a New One?
Differential Pressure Transmitters: How Do They Help in Flow Measurements?
3 Whats that Explain How Often You Should Calibrate Pressure Transducer
Guidelines for Troubleshooting Pressure Transducers
Learn How to Calibrate a Pressure Transmitter – II
Learn How to Calibrate a Pressure Transmitter
Know Three Interesting Uses of Pressure Transmitters