Temperature measurement devices play a great role in the process industry. Various types of devices such as thermometers, temperature transmitters, RTDs, and thermocouples are used for temperature measurement. However, many of these temperature measurement devices are not designed to meet harsh industrial process environments. Hence, these the devices are protected by tubular fittings called thermowells. These fittings feature a closed tube at one end, and can be easily mounted in the process stream. The Transmitter Shop (TTS) provides thermowells for industrial processes. Our thermowells are sourced from industry-leading brands.
Features of Thermowells
Following are some important features that will help you understand how thermowells differ from other regular temperature measurement devices.
- Thermowells are designed to work with most temperature measuring devices such as RTDs and thermocouples.
- These devices can be used in high, as well as low temperature environments. Some of the high temperature applications may include glass melting tanks, process furnaces, etc. However, low-temperature applications may include fiber optic meters and radiation thermometers.
- Thermowells allow our process industry clients to replace defective instruments without disturbing the whole process.
Material Selections for Thermowells
Selection of the proper material is important to prevent failure of thermowells in a process environment. Following are some of the considerations to be made while selecting the component:
- Fluid Properties
We provide thermowells in various materials. Following are few of the materials available with us.
- Alloy 20
- C/S A-53 – BA/08
If you do not know the properties of the above-mentioned materials, you can always get in touch with our experts. We can also provide thermowells in materials other than the ones mentioned above.
Benefits of Using TTS Thermowells
Following are some of the benefits of using our thermowells in your process application.
- Improves Shelf Life of Temperature Sensors: Thermowells help improve performance and shelf life of sensors by protecting them from excessive pressures, viscosities, and velocities, erosion, and corrosion.
- Allows Easy Maintenance: These protection devices simplify maintenance by allowing easy sensor removal without draining the tank or pipe.
- Abundant Material Options: We provide one of the widest selections of material options to meet varying process specifications.
- Fast Turnaround Times and Competitive Prices: Our vast and expanding inventory allows us to assure fast turnaround times and competitive prices on all our products. We provide attractive price savings on wholesale orders.
To know more about our thermowells and other temperature measurement devices provided by us, please contact us via phone +1-888-964-8837 , or via email at email@example.com. To place an order or trade enquiries, you can Request a Quote.