RTDs-Resistance Temperature Detectors
The RTD element features a coil made from fine wire, which is neatly wrapped around a glass or ceramic core. The element is very fragile, and is protected by a sheathed probe. The RTD element is made from platinum, which is known for its stability in harsh environments, and strong resistance to oxidation or corrosion. A small excitation current is passed through the element, and the voltage proportional to the resistance is measured, as well as converted to temperature calibration units.
Benefits of Using Resistance Temperature Detectors Provided by TTS
Following are some of the benefits of using TTS provided by RTDs:
- We stock RTDs that provide excellent repeatability and stability at high temperatures. Our RTDs are sourced from industry-leading brands.
- Our range of DIN style RTDs allow for easy installation and replacement.
- The RTDs are provided with hazardous-location approvals.
- Our resistance temperature detectors perform well across a wide temperature operating range.
- The RTDs can resist electrical noise, hence well-suited for temperature measurement in various industrial environments such as those with generators, motors, and various high voltage equipment.
- These temperature measurement devices are used for precision process and automatic temperature control in various industrial processes.
- The devices feature interchangeable sensors, and allow placement of recorders in areas far from the sensors.
Industrial Applications Using Resistance Temperature Detectors (RTD)
Following are some of the industrial applications that use RTDs:
- Micro Electronics
- Stoves and Grills
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Servicing
- Food Processing
- Textile Production
- Petrochemical Processing
- Plastics Processing
- Air, Liquid, and Gas Temperature Measurement
- Exhaust Gas Temperature Measurement
- Test Chambers
- Solder Pots
- Injection Molders
- Plastic Extruders
To know more about our RTDs, thermowells, and other temperature measurement devices, please contact us via phone +1-888-964-8837, or via email at email@example.com.