8 Reasons to Opt for Remanufacturing
April 20, 2018
The remanufacturing industry offers tremendous benefits to organizations. Generally, the quality of remanufactured products is at par with the original equipment while the price is substantially reduced. The carbon footprint of remanufactured equipment is much smaller as well. This blog post has been written to help you know more about remanufacturing and the possible ways in which you can benefit from it.
What is Remanufacturing?
Remanufacturing is the process of disassembling all the parts and components of an equipment. The components are then cleaned and refurbished. Damaged parts are replaced. The equipment or part is then reassembled and thoroughly tested for quality and functionality. Remanufacturers ensure that the product or equipment has a new look and feel.
Benefits of Remanufacturing
Some of the benefits accrued from using remanufactured products include:
- This process helps extend the life of the product.
- Disposing of products is prolonged as well. Hence, landfills need not be filled with plastic and other products that cannot be recycled. In case of metal, most machines will wind up as scrap metal.
- Wastage of material, effort, money, and time is greatly reduced when remanufacturing.
- Remanufacturing offers immense monetary benefits to the organization. For example, when scrapping a transmitter, the money obtained from this process is less than a dollar. On the other hand, remanufacturing the product will allow you to sell it at 60% of the retail price.
- Remanufacturing helps in reducing the strain on the environment. Speaking ethically, it is the right thing to do. Hence, most organizations prefer to remanufacture their old, obsolete, or damaged equipment.
- This process can be completed with zero effort on the part of the organization that wants to get rid of the equipment. Recycling products, equipment, and even components can drastically help in conserving the environment for future generations.
- Remanufacturers will provide a warranty on the remanufactured products.
- Your remanufacturer could offer other benefits like exchange of equipment, monetary compensation, etc.
Opting for remanufactured products is a sign of environmental and economic consciousness. Organizations are now extremely concerned about sustainability. With the environment, taking a toll and Governments taking strict action with regard to carbon footprint of organizations, responsible decisions are being made continuously. By using remanufactured products, the strain on the environment and future generations can be greatly reduced. Additionally, tying up with remanufacturing organization will allow you to benefit from their loyalty programs, if any.