Rosemount 5300 Level Transmitter
- Microwave output power: Nominal 300 μW, Max. 45 mW
- Telecommunication: (FCC and R&TTE), FCC part 15 (1998) subpart B and R&TTE (EU directive 99/5/EC)
- Humidity: 0 - 100% Relative Humidity
- Start-up time: < 40s
- Signal wiring: Recommended output cabling is twisted shielded pairs, 24-12 AWG
- Accuracy: ± 0.12 in. (3 mm)
- Repeatability: ± 0.04 in. (1 mm)
- Measurement Range: Up to 164 ft (50 m)
- Operating Pressure: Full vacuum to 5000 psi (Full vacuum to 345 bar)
- Operating Temperature: -320 to 752 °F (-196 to 400 °C)
- Communication Protocols: 4-20 mA/HART™, Foundation™ Fieldbus, Modbus™
- Safety: SIL 2 IEC 61508 certification, TÜV tested, remote testing capabilities, overfill prevention feature
- Probe Types: Rigid single lead, segmented single lead, flexible single lead, rigid twin lead, flexible twin lead, coaxial and large coaxial, PTFE coated probes, vapor probe
- Warranty: Up to five years
Level transmitters are instruments used to measure the level of fluids of various consistencies. There are various types of level transmitters used today and Rosemount 5300 level transmitter the most popular among them.
The Transmitter Shop offers the Rosemount 5300 radar level transmitter. It has a safety certification of IEC 61508 for SIL2 applications. It features all the improved benefits of the guided wave radar technology. They facilitate level measurements of liquids, viscous fluids, slurries, solids, and so on. It works on the principle of using the energy wave reflected back by the microwave pulse. Low power, nano-second microwave pulses run through the probe submerged in some process medium such as a fluid. Some amount of energy is reflected back to the transmitter when a microwave pulse reaches a medium with a different dielectric constant, and this energy is used by the transmitter.
Beneficial Features of the Rosemount 5300 Radar Level Transmitter
The Rosemount 5300 guided wave radar level transmitter has some superior features and capabilities, which makes them an ideal choice for liquid and interface applications. Here are a few of them:
- The Rosemount 5300 radar level transmitter has a robust construction and is low on maintenance, which allows you to focus on your plant and its performance.
- It is easy to install and requires no calibration. The installation is top down which reduces the risk in terms of leakages. Also, there are no moving parts.
- The guided wave radar technology is beneficial in many ways. This technology offers an accurate and reliable direct level measurement with no compensation needed for changing process conditions such as density, conductivity, viscosity, pH, temperature, and pressure.
- It is not affected by process conditions and is designed to be resistant to temperature, pressure, dust, vapor, turbulence, foam, and other physical parameters.
- It is suitable for small tanks or tanks with difficult geometry, internal obstacles, and unaffected by the mechanical design of chambers.
- The Dynamic Vapor Compensation feature in this transmitter assures accurate measurements even in saturated steam.
- The Smart Galvanic Interface feature enables stable microwave performance, reduces EMI as well as external disturbances.
- The heavy duty hardware enables a robust transmitter design and offers multiple layers of protection
- The verification reflector offers online detection and verifications of high level conditions of online devices.
- The transmitter has a pre-configured Rosemount Radar Master with a five-step wizard, auto connect, and online help.
- The transmitter has diagnostic tools to detect any build-up of fluids on the probe, as well as monitor boiling, turbulence, and foam quantity.
- The transmitter has optional features such as HART Tri-Loop™ and Smart Wireless THUM Adapter.